Highlights in the quarter:
- Biomass production is back on track – strong biological performance since mid-May with good appetite and normal mortality levels.
- Q3 on track for all time high biomass production – standing biomass of 1,628 tonnes (LW) per 15 August.
- Batch 2 harvested in May yielding 585 tonnes HOG with 93 % superior share, tight weight concentration and good price realization.
- Batch 6 and 7 stocked in end of May and end of June as planned.
- Favorable production cost development – further improvements expected alongside increased production volumes.
- Contracts awarded for Indre Harøy phase 2. Upon completion this adds another 7.9kt HOG, bringing the total up to 15.8kt HOG per annum.
- Successful private placement in April raising gross proceeds of NOK 525 million.
- Available liquidity of NOK 853 million per 30 June 2023 including committed undrawn credit facilities.
CEO Trond Håkon Schaug-Pettersen and CFO Trond Vadset Veibust will present the results for the second quarter at Hotel Continental in Oslo, Thursday 17 August 2023 08:00 CET.
Participants may also follow the presentation and submit questions through a live webcast available on www.salmonevolution.no, or with the following link:
The presentation and Q&A will be held in English.
This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.
For further information, please contact:
About Salmon Evolution
Salmon Evolution is a Norwegian land-based salmon farming company targeting a production capacity of 100,000 tonnes HOG by 2032. The Company’s core focus is on extending the ocean’s potential by transferring the best preconditions offered by the sea to farm fish on land through its chosen hybrid flow-through system technology (HFS). This secures a truly sustainable production process with controlled and optimal growth conditions and limiting operational and biological risk.
The Company’s first production facility is strategically located at Indre Harøy on the Norwegian west coast with unlimited access to fresh seawater, renewable energy, established infrastructure, and an educated and experienced work force. Phase 1 is already in operation and will have an annual capacity of 7,900 tonnes HOG at steady state. Fully developed, the Indre Harøy facility will have an annual capacity of 31,500 tonnes HOG.
The Company has also entered into a joint venture with Dongwon Industries where the parties will develop, construct and operate a land-based salmon farming facility in South Korea with an annual production capacity of 16,800 tonnes HOG, using Salmon Evolution’s chosen HFS technology.
Furthermore, Salmon Evolution has initiated a process with the aim of establishing a land-based salmon farming operation in North America.